OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD | October’s Winner
National Care Group’s Outstanding Achievement Award Winner for October is Mark Howard of our Atlantic Way Care Service in the North Devon.
Support worker, Mark was nominated by registered manager, Beverley Clancey. She nominated him for the dramatic progress he had made with a Person We Support who has suffered with mental health issues; someone who had suffered extreme depression and had cut himself off from society.
Mark went to great lengths to support Paul. He was determined to never give up on him and overcame many obstacles, at times when there seemed little hope.
Mark gave Paul the confidence to eventually become part of his local community again. For the first time in six years, he spent Christmas with new friends having previously spent them alone.
Mark’s determination, encouragement and kindess allowed Paul to completely transform his life.
You can read more about Paul’s remarkable progression here
The Executive Team scored Mark’s nomination the highest out of the nine entries received this month. The other eight outstanding performances should also be recognised:
- Blossom View Team from Steps, Rotherham. Nominated by Registered Manager, Stacey Howell for the way they have thrived whilst she’s been away on maternity leave and the remarkable way they have shown care, love and compassion for the People We Support.
- Denise (Dee) Buchanan, from Albert Rd National Neurilogical Services. Nominated by Regional Operations Director, Charlotte Lumley for her exceptional passion and commitment to service and for the way in which she has empowered her colleagues and the People We Support.
- Denise (Dee) Buchanan, received a second nomination by Registered Manager, Joanne Colclough for her overall outstanding work, but in particular with a Person We Support with a brain injury and diabetes who she has encouraged to tranform his life.
- Dan Burgess fromEndurance Care’s Deal and Hythe service. Nominated by Regional Operations Manager, Tara Fewster for his passion for upskilling the People We Support and for his development of a Level 1 cooking workbook which he created in his own time.
- Emma Stott, from Enduance Care’s Cleveland House. Nominated by Regional Operations Director, Jill Hopcroft for the passion she shows for the People We Support and the way in which she goes the extra mile to ensure they live their lives to fullest. Her passion is radiated throughout the service and the Kent region.
- Sarah Nabaka, from Steps Residential Care. Nominated by colleague, Michelle Mosley for the helpfulness, empathy and overall caring attitude she shows and for the way in which she interacts with the People We Support and her Colleagues.
- Ben Banwell, from Oaklea Care’s Walliscote Road Service. Nominated by Registered Manager, Kate Harvey for the way he motivates the People We Support and celebrates their success. As a new support worker, the way he went above and beyond during a covid outbreak in service.
- Hannah Wilkinson, from Jamesons Residential, Wormingford Road. Nominated by Service Manager, Claire Carr for her brilliant progression, her passion and positivity.
National Care Group is extremely proud of all nominated colleagues and thanks them for performing to the company values of
PASSION | RESPECT | COLLABORATION | EMPOWERMENT