Karen Douglas, Practice Development & Positive Behaviour Support Manager from the Quality Team is our winner for July!
Karen was nominated by registered manager of National Care Group’s Affinity Supporting People – North West, Louise Petre.
Louise, and the whole team at Affinity are so grateful for the learnings they have taken from Karen over the past few months. She has presented lots of ideas to introduce to the services that can help to improve the lives of the people we support.
What really blew Louise and team away was that Karen delivered a beautiful fidget mat she had personally created for a person we support who has been diagnosed with early onset dementia. Karen had put a tremendous amount of effort into the mat and all in her own time.
Karen is a shining example of a colleague that goes above and beyond and we are all grateful for the contribution she makes.
Well done, Karen!
Five other National Care Group colleagues or teams were nominated for their outstanding achievements in July. Congratulations go to:
- Hazel Belcher & Keisha Smith of Merry Den for their dedication, commitment, and selflessness. Both have voluntarily worked overtime and handled recent crisis situations impeccably.
- Ecrica Gallagher of Shelton Care’s Regent Road service who is a long service colleague who continues to show commitment to her job and the support she provides for her team and the people we support.
- Suzy Burnop, Brigitte Brown, Kim Williams, Lynne Mccrindle, Catherine Smith, Jane Fairbairn, Jessica Burke, Monique Kent, Coffie Gilling, Kathryn Lacey, Caron Trueman, Annie Flemming, representing the Cornerstone team in Semington who have all embraced and helped change the culture the service. Improving on communication, daily self-reflection and working together to establish a new team ethos.
- Abigail Crompton, Registered Manager at Endurance Care’s Coppice Lodge service for her outstanding management, always ensuring her team feel empowered and supported.
- Jayne Gregson from the Talent & On-Boarding Team received two nominations this month, both for the dedication and empowerment she gives to new colleagues, ensuring their onboarding process is as seamless as possible. She was also acknowledged for the support she offers those around her, always providing an enjoyable and happy environment regardless of her work pressures.
National Care Group is proud of all nominated colleagues and thank them for performing to the values of PASSION, RESPECT, COLLABORATION AND EMPOWERMENT.