The first meetings of the National Care Group Colleague Forum took place on the 22nd and 25th February 2022
Chaired by Claire Leake, People Director and Mike Cleasby, Quality Director the meetings were attended by volunteer forum representatives from across National Care Group.
Following welcomes and introductions the aims of the Colleague Forum were discussed, with the focus to create a platform where all our colleagues voices could be represented and heard.
The aims of the Colleague Forum include:
- Listen to and consider suggestions and ideas that have been raised through the reps;
- Share concerns or queries that have been raised through the reps by colleagues;
- Share ideas on how we can increase engagement with the forum and encourage feedback;
Other topics that were discussed included:
- Reviewing the Daily Diary booklet to provide more space to evidence activities
- Improving communications to report and resolve payroll issues
- Improving communications around deadlines to reduce anxiety and provide time to respond
- Review training sessions to avoid days when they impact on services
- Feedback on a new, financial planning app ‘Wagestream’ that could be made available to all colleagues to help manage their money and provide access to accrued earnings before payday.
- Better recognition of our frontline colleagues who go above and beyond in the support they provide
- How National Care Group can continue to support our colleagues with an emphasis on Mental Health
- Exploring the benefits of personal wellbeing and how we can encourage and support colleagues in the future
Future Colleague Forum dates
It was proposed the Colleague Forum will meet every two months on the 3rd Tuesday of the month
You can have your say
If there is anything you would like the Forum to discuss you can talk to your local Forum representative or you can email our Forum Feedback line on: